Earn Miles Fast and Redeem Easily
If you’re ready to take the next step in maximizing your spending, this card is definitely one you should consider. Earning and redeeming miles doesn’t get more straightforward than this!
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
Earn unlimited 2X miles on every purchase, every day
Critics' OverviewThere’s a good reason this travel card continually receives rave reviews. It offers a generous and uncomplicated flat rate on all purchases and an elevated rate on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel. If the massive welcome bonus doesn’t convince you then the ongoing rewards and perks surely will.
Card Details From Capital One
- Enjoy a one-time bonus of 75,000 miles once you spend $4,000 on purchases within 3 months from account opening, equal to $750 in travel
- Earn unlimited 2X miles on every purchase, every day
- Miles won’t expire for the life of the account and there’s no limit to how many you can earn
- Receive up to a $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck®
- Enjoy two complimentary visits per year to Capital One Lounges or to 100+ Plaza Premium Lounges through the Partner Lounge Network
- Earn 5X miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel, where you’ll get Capital One’s best prices on thousands of trip options
- Use your miles to get reimbursed for any travel purchase—or redeem by booking a trip through Capital One Travel
- Transfer your miles to your choice of 15+ travel loyalty programs
Our Critical Analysis
- Generous new cardmember offer
- Flexible redemption options
- Double miles earned on every purchase
- Travel perks like lounge access and Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® Credit
- $95 annual fee
- No introductory APR period for purchases or balance transfers
- Limited hotel transfer partners
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card hits all the marks if you’re looking to add a travel credit card to your wallet. You’ll have the opportunity to earn an unlimited 2 miles per dollar on all purchases and if you book car rentals and hotels through Capital One Travel, those purchases will qualify for 5x miles per dollar spent. With at least 2x miles on each purchase you can rack up rewards in no time, but to sweeten the deal new cardholders will earn a bonus of 75,000 miles after spending $4,000 within the first 3 months. Those 75,000 miles are worth at least $750 in travel.
Additional Travel Benefits Include:
- 2 Free lounge visits per year at Capital One Lounges or Capital One’s Partner Lounge Network
- Up to a $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck
- No foreign transaction fees
When it comes time to cashing in your hard-earned miles, Capital One offers several options with the most valuable being redemptions for travel purchases. You can redeem miles to cover the cost of any travel purchase made with your Venture card within 90 days and your miles will be worth 1 cent each. Additionally, you can redeem your miles directly in the Capital One Travel portal, use your miles to purchase gift cards or get a statement credit. Capital One continues to enhance its rewards program and now you can transfer miles to more than 15 travel loyalty programs. This is a great option that can push your mile redemption value over the 1-cent mark if you know how to navigate these travel partners and their award booking programs.
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card doesn’t offer an introductory APR period for purchases and balance transfers so you’ll be charged an APR of 20.74% – 28.74% (Variable) based on your creditworthiness if you carry a balance. However, if you’re looking for a card that offers perks and benefits related to travel, Venture is a great choice, especially for a reasonable annual fee of $95.
If you travel often or are looking to be able to travel more, the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card is one of the best options out there if you have good or excellent credit. Select ‘Apply Now‘ to view all the card details and easily apply today.
Editorial Note: Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.
*CardCritics references a FICO® 8 score, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when evaluating your application.